Employment & Business Licensing

Business Licenses

The Town of Tropic requires licensing of all businesses which are based within the Town limits. Homes occupation businesses are also considered a business.


Beginning July 2017 certain home occupation professions are specifically exempt by the State of Utah from Town license fees. Even though these professions are exempt from license fees, they are not exempt from the rest of the license process including filing a valid license application, taxes and completing necessary safety inspections or zoning requirements.

Business licenses are valid for one year and must be renewed by August 1st.  Please click "Business Application" form to choose the correct application for your business. The Town offers general business licenses, rental business licenses, and home occupation licenses.

Local Job Openings

USAJOBS ~ Who May Apply * All U.S. Citizens - No previous Federal Service is required

*Announcement No: NPS-Fire-2018-008-DE
    Assistant Fire Engine Operator (Forestry Technician) GS-0462-06
    Opens: 12/13/2017  Closes: 2/13/2018
    Location: Bryce Canyon Utah
    Full Performance Level: GS-06
    Moving Expenses are not authorized

*Announcement No:NPS-Fire-2018-006-DE
    Wildland Fireighter (Range/Forestry Aid/Technician) GS-0455/0462-03/04/05
    Opens: 12/13/2017   Closes: 2/13/2018
    Location: Bryce Canyon, St. George & Springdale,  UT
    Full Performance Level: Grade Selected At
    Moving Expenses are NOT authorized