Tropic Town Municipal Codes

For additional information regarding Town of Tropic Codes and Ordinances,please contact the Tropic Town Office.

                                                        Tropic Town Code


Tropic Town Planning & Developing

Planning & Zoning Meeting

The purpose of the planning commission is to assist the Mayor and Town Council in the decision making process regarding the development of Tropic and to assure due process of the law is given to every citizen. Planning Commission meeting is held on the 1st Tuesday of each month beginning at 6:00 p.m. in the Heritage Center. A 24 hour notice is required to have your project placed on the agenda; you must contact the Town Office the Wednesday before 1:00 p.m.

Planning Commission 2022 Meeting Schedule
    Planning Commission Minutes 2022

January 4,2022  July 5,2022
 February 1, 2022  August 2, 2022
 March 1, 2022  September 6, 2022
 April 5, 2021  October 4, 2022
May 3,2022  November 1, 2022
 June 7,2022 December 6, 2022

Five County Association of Government

The Five County Association of Governments is a voluntary association of local governments from the five southwestern counties of the State of Utah. The five counties in southwestern Utah that comprise the Five County Association of Governments are Beaver, Garfield, Iron, Kane and Washington; and encompasses over 11 million acres of land in southwestern Utah.

The Association serves 37 municipalities (incorporated cities and towns), five county-wide school districts and the county jurisdictions of Beaver, Garfield, Iron, Kane, and Washington.

Fees: Application/Building Permit Packet

A building permit packet  is available at the Tropic Town Office * Fee $50; or you can download an Application/Building Permit Packet on this webpage. Please have your packet filled out prior to PC meeting. All projects are to come before the Planning Commission and Town Council for approval.  Please feel free to contact one of the commission members or Marie Niemann at the Tropic Town Office for questions you may have regarding your project.

Subdivision Ordinance
Residential Building Permit Packet
Commercial Building Permit Packet
Re-Zone Application
Town Construction & Demolition Waste Ordinance

Conditional Use Permits


If you or a representative are unable to attend PC meeting, please contact the Tropic Town Office a day prior to reschedule; a no show will delay your project for two months.

Processing Application

After recommendation has been given by the planning commission, the project will go before the Town Council for approval. Town Board meeting is held the 2nd Thursday of each month. Upon finding all is in compliance, the Town Council will grant approval and provide verification for the Garfield County Building Inspector to issue your permit.